CAMOM mobilizes its membership to support the broader Columbia area community. Past and current initiatives include:
- Adopt a Family: CAMOM members gather items for Howard County families in need during the holiday season.
- Heartlands Trick or Treating: Decades-long CAMOM tradition of bringing our little ones in Halloween costumes to bring smiles to the residents of Heartlands Assisted Living.
- Little Hands on Service Projects: Building care packages to help those in need, including making bags of essential supplies for persons experiencing homelessness.
- Walks for a Cause: Past walks include CADE Foundation Walk in support of Shady Grove Fertility, Preeclampsia Promise Walk, and Howard County Autism Walk.
- School Supply Drives: A collection of staple school supplies for students during the back-to-school season.
- Food Drives to support Howard County Food Bank